CAD 125 : 3D Architecture, Building, and Landscape Design
This course provides students with an understanding of all phases of architectural and construction design using parametric CAD software (AutoDesk Revit). Topics include building components and structures, interior designing, site features, landscaping, rendering, and walkthroughs. Scheduling and cost estimation are also introduced. Prerequisite: CAD 101 with a grade of C or better. Two lecture and three laboratory hours per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. NOTE: Utilizes Windows based software only.
- Utilize parametric CAD software (Autodesk Revit) demonstrating an understanding of the software commands.
- Produce renderings of the interior design of a building, landscaping and site features.
- Create CAD walkthroughs and drawings of a building showing the structural components of the building.
- Plot CAD drawings to industry standard scales.
- Prepare simple cost estimates and construction schedules for building projects.