CAD 122 : Architectural Drawing
In this CAD-based course students will create two-dimensional drawings of residential and commercial buildings including floor plans, elevations, sections, and structural details. Contemporary and historical architectural styles and building materials will be integrated into the production of quality drawings that meet current industry standards. Prerequisite: CAD 101. Two class hours and three laboratory hours per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. NOTE: Utilizes Windows based software Mac versions available.
- Identify features of buildings that suggest the buildings belong to common architectural styles.
- Prepare floor plans, elevations and cross sections of residential and commercial buildings using Autodesk software (AutoCAD).
- Create drawings of architectural details using AutoCAD.
- Plot AutoCAD files to standard architectural scales.
- Demonstrate the ability to use an architectural scale to confirm and determine dimensions.