CAD 112 : Advanced Mechanical Design with Solidworks
This course is a continuation of CAD 111. It uses the latest PC-based associative, parametric solid modeling software to produce advanced 3-D models of mechanical objects and assemblies. Topics include advanced sketching, assemblies, and dimensioning. Several Solid Works modules are used to analyze and demonstrate part and assembly design. This course continually emphasizes mechanical design principles using the CAD system. Two class hours and three laboratory hours per week. NOTE: Utilizes Windows based software only. Spring
CAD 111 or permission of instructor.
- Utilize SolidWorks parametric solid modeling software to demonstrate advanced parametric modeling functions of more complex shapes and larger assemblies.
- Create detail drawings following current engineering standards ANSI Y1
- 1 utilizing standard, detail and sectional views.
- Construct various student templates with standard view, completed title and revision blocks for various paper sizes.
- Research advanced mechanical processes, terminology, and products for utilization in mechanical models and assemblies.
- Utilize SolidWorks advance assembly mating and failure analysis functions.