BIO 117 : Physiology of Wellness
An introduction to the concept of wellness, nutrition basics, exercise habits, weight control, and cardiovascular disease prevention. Topics include wellness concepts, exercise, diet and nutrition, set point theories, and environmental influences. Three lecture hours per week. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Scientific Reasoning and Discovery. 3 credits Fall
- Locate and critically read a food label.
- Analyze their diet and exercise habits based on current government guidelines.
- Identify the components of health and wellness.
- Evaluate the risk factors involved with many diseases including cancer, addiction and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Make connections between diet and exercise behaviors and heart disease.