ANS 147 : Veterinary Office Procedures
This course provides a fundamental knowledge of the administrative aspects of working in a veterinary practice. Topics include veterinary practice ethics, staff roles and limitations, professionalism, front office duties, communication skills, marketing, accounting systems, and veterinary practice computer software experience. A training certificate by Animal Care Technology Programs is available with successful completion and testing in this course. Three lecture hours per week. Fall
- Implement rules of ethical and professional conduct, decision making, appearance, and communication in the classroom setting.
- Discern the delineation and overlap of duties within a veterinary facility.
- Triage phone calls for all clients, as well as, communicate and problem solve accurately, politely, and with respect.
- Display confidence in handling difficult clients and financial issues.
- Explain the staff's role and impact on marketing.
- Utilize Cornerstone software to: add/update clients/patients, create and customize an estimate, Invoice the client, create a recheck appointment and take a