AGR 123 : Entomology and Plant Disease
This course focuses on the identification of insect pests and plant diseases, and explores the prevention, detection, and organic control of plant pests and diseases. Content includes a survey of principal plant pests and diseases, their biology and life cycles, impacts, disease symptoms, and controls. An introduction to Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is included. Control methods will include cultural practices as well as biological and organic chemical methods. Three lecture hours per week. Fall
- After Completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify common pests and pathogens in agriculture, including insects, bacterial, fungal and viral diseases.
- Identify what chemicals are available for eliminating pests and be able to practice safe application techniques.
- Recognize and identify insect damage on plant material.
- Utilize integrated Pest Management techniques.