PSY 253 : Adolescent Psychology
This course focuses on the development of the adolescent. The major theories regarding adolescents, with emphasis on their attitudes, values, motives, and problems of adjustment are studied. Three lecture hours per week. Spring
- Demonstrate knowledge of how scientific methodology is applied to the study of adolescent psychology.
- Critically analyze major theories that explain adolescent behavior.
- Compare and contrast the impact of social settings on adolescent behavior.
- Describe the effects of cognitive development on adolescent behavior.
- Analyze psychosocial factors that influence adolescent behavior.