Microsoft Office Certified Application Specialist Certificate
Program Goals Statement
This certificate prepares students to become a Microsoft Certified Application Specialist—an individual who has passed exams for certifying his or her skills in one or more of the Microsoft Office desktop applications. It provides an opportunity for students to achieve a portable, globally recognized credential that proves their abilities as productive Microsoft Office users. Office Specialist certification sets you apart in today’s competitive job market.
- Transfer credits for any course in the Office Administration Department must be approved by the Office Administration Department Chairperson.
- In addition to the requirements of this program, it is recommended that students enroll in CED 210 - Cooperative Work Experience after completion of the OFC courses listed in the program. Students may gain valuable work experience by enrolling in CED 210 which places students in office positions related to their academic program.
- Certification exams in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access are available.
- The Microsoft Office Application Specialist certification program is the only Microsoft-approved program in the world for certifying proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Students who need basic keyboarding skills should enroll in OFC 102 in Semester 1.
- This program is designed for students who plan to enter the workforce immediately.
- Graduates may go on to work in any type of office.
All courses may be applied to an Associate in Science in General Studies, Business and Entrepreneurial Studies.