LSM 231 : Facility Design and Event Management
This course examines the processes for managing sport and event enterprises. It gives specific attention to the design and management of a sport facility as well as the skills and processes associated with administration of a sport event, whether it be participant-centered or spectator-centered. Three lecture hours per week. Fall
LSM 101 or permission of instructor.
- Construct a detailed event, organizational marketing plan.
- Determine the feasibility of bidding, hosting, and awarding events.
- Analyze risks, financial and legal, associated with producing and hosting sporting events.
- Utilize appropriate media sources for event promotional purposes.
- Discuss the importance of the master planning process as it relates to the management of recreation, sport, and park areas and facilities.
- Relate the processes associated with the acquisition of new areas and the construction of new facilities.
- Examine specific techniques that can be applied to the management of activity or sport specific sites, areas, and facilities.