LSM 101 : Introduction to Sport Management
This course explores and analyzes sport and recreation from philosophical, historical, and organizational perspectives. It also introduces the student to the field of sport management, examining professional opportunities available, resume writing, and professional networking in the field. Three lecture hours per week.
- Identify the role that sports and recreation play in today’s society.
- Describe general philosophical principles that influence the management of sport and recreational activities.
- Explain basic theoretical foundations relevant to the organization and delivery of sport and recreation organizations.
- Describe how public, non-profit, and commercial enterprises organize and deliver sport and recreation services.
- Identify a variety of positions available in sport-recreation related careers.