General Studies/Business and Entrepreneurial Studies
Program Goals Statement
This program provides students an opportunity to explore the Business, Hospitality Management and Office Administration Programs. These programs provide training in the various organizational functions, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills students need to compete in today's global business environment. Many of these programs share common courses so students can switch easily between concentrations.
- Students should take any required developmental courses in their first semester.
- This program is designed for students who plan to enter the workforce immediately after graduation.
- This program offers students the opportunity to develop strong communications, organizational, and critical thinking skills, as well as practical preparation for entry into a variety of business-related career fields.
- Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) credit is available to students for some program and general education courses with approval by the appropriate Department Chairperson.
- Students should consider completing certificates that contain required program courses that will complement their degree.
- Students are encouraged to select a specific business studies program, including Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Executive Office Administration or a Certificate(s) in these disciplines.
- Graduates from these programs can:
- Seek employment as accountants, tellers, broker assistants, loan service representatives, customer service and insurance representatives, junior financial analysts, shift supervisors, or start their own businesses.
- Work in tourism, casino, hotel, and food service management positions.
- Become administrative assistants and office managers in all types of offices and corporations.
- If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer.