ECN 251 : Money and Banking
Examination and analysis of money, structure and operation of the financial system, monetary theory, central banking, and monetary policy. Three lecture hours per week. Fall, Spring, Summer
ECN 111 or permission of instructor.
- Explain the role of money and banks in the broader economy.
- Explain the importance of financial markets in the economy, and identify financial market participants.
- Identify and describe some of the more common instruments used in financial markets.
- Describe the basic structure and functions of the Federal Reserve System.
- Describe monetary policy through the operating procedures of the Federal Reserve System.
- Analyze the causes, policy responses, and lessons associated with financial market crises.