Computer Science Transfer A2B MassTransfer
Program Goals Statement
The Computer Science Transfer option prepares students to finish their education in Computer Science at a four-year institution. The CIS faculty worked closely with the Computer Science faculty at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, and the resulting program provides a seamless transition to Computer Science at UMass Dartmouth. The program also parallels the computer science offerings at other local colleges and universities.
• The first two years of a degree in Computer Science can be done within this option at Bristol.
• Transfer credit for any Computer Information Systems (CIS or CIT) course must be approved by the CI Department Chair or by a full-time CI faculty member.
Note: Students may be required to obtain and use specific hardware, operating systems, or applications.
• Students should talk with the Transfer office for information about colleges.
• Recent graduates have transferred to Bridgewater State College, Rhode Island College, Roger Williams University, Bryant University, University of Massachusetts Amherst and University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
• Bristol participates in the statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantee admission and credit transfer. For a complete listing of eligible MassTransfer programs and current Bristol articulation agreements, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer
Infused General Education Competencies
Oral Communication, Technical Literacy, First Year Experience