CIS 152 : Database Programming and Management with Access
This course teaches students the concepts of a relational database system. Students learn to work with a variety of Access components including Structured Query Language and Data Access Objects. Students analyze, design, develop, manage, and execute projects in this powerful database environment. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Critical Thinking and Information Literacy.
- Understand and use the concepts and logic behind the development of a normalized relational database.
- Work with a basic set of data and an analysis of the data needs to create a normalized relational database.
- Work effectively within the Microsoft Office Environment using Access.
- Create a database and tables with keys to store and maintain data.
- Work with the Access user interface manipulate and query data.