BNK 101 : Principles of Banking
The course provides a broad perspective of the banking industry touching on nearly every aspect of bank functions. Topics include the language and documents of banking, check processing, teller functions, deposit function, trust services, bank bookkeeping, bank loans, and the banks' role in the community. Fall, Spring
- Identify and describe the various financial market and financial instruments.
- Describe monetary policy through the operating procedures of the Federal Reserve System.
- Create and maintain positive customer relations by understanding the practices fostering customer retention and loyalty.
- Understand ethical responsibilities and consequences as they relate to a financial services work environment.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Describe core functions of mortgage banking: origination, underwriting, servicing, loss mitigation for both residential and commercial.